The university preparation course for high-achieving, ambitious students wanting to go to a world-renowned UK university.
World University Preparation (WUP)
Available at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University
For 16 – 18 year olds
This comprehensive two-week summer programme gives international students the best possible chance of gaining a place at a top UK university. Students learn how to prepare their applications; develop the skills to be successful at interview; and grow in confidence while studying at one Cambridge’s most famous and beautiful colleges.
The course attracts students from all around the world as well as international students who are already attending British boarding schools or colleges. Typically, WUP students wish to apply to Oxford, Cambridge, London School of Economics, University College, London, Imperial College and other Russell Group universities. Others are applying for Medicine or Dentistry.
Our aim is to ensure that WUP students maximise their chances of being accepted at the U.K.’s world class universities. By the end of the course students will:
- fully understand dates, deadlines, content of the application and entrance requirements.
- have been advised which five degree courses they should apply for.
- have written their 47 line personal statements for their UCAS application.
- be prepared for any university entrance exams: UKCAT, LNAT etc.
- have developed the confidence to perform well at interview.
- understand how to continue the preparation for interviews to ensure they have the best possible chance of success.
All students will be advised individually on their university applications and as far as possible draft applications will be completed by the end of the course.
Online support with applications will be available after the completion of the WUP course, if required.